The Nottinghamshire County Council election took place on 4 May 2017. Details of councillors elected to office will be updated shortly.
The policy committee and each of the policy area committees undertake scrutiny roles to develop policies and ensure that new and existing policies are implemented, operated and reviewed appropriately.
The County Council has two scrutiny committees which focus on health issues. These are:
- Joint City/County Health Scrutiny Committee
- Health Scrutiny Committee (which covers the North of the County, including Newark).
Joint City/County Health Scrutiny Committee
The Joint City/County Health Scrutiny Committee ensures accountability and a wider community engagement in health issues across the conurbation.
The committee scrutinises developments in local NHS services and helps to ensure the delivery of local health services. This includes:
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Nottingham Primary Care Trust (PCT) and Nottinghamshire teaching Primary Care Trust (tPCT).
Responsibility for the management of the joint committee alternates between the County Council and Nottingham City Council based on the municipal year.
For further information about the Joint City/County Health Scrutiny Committee email Martin Gately, lead scrutiny officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.