Supporting the voluntary sector
We have a strong track record of working effectively with the voluntary and community sector to deliver a diverse range of quality services to our communities.
These arrangements are essential to:
- foster aspiration, independence and personal responsibility
- promote the economic propserity of Nottinghamshire
- safeguard our environment
- make Nottinghamshire a safer place to live.
A range of measures help the voluntary sector including the development of:
- 'in principle' three-year grant aid agreements with annual monitoring and review arrangements
- jointly funded grant aid agreements with othe rmain core funders
- joint Compact between the voluntary sector and local statutory organsiations
- of a Corporate Grant Aid Strategy [PDF]
- support and regular liaison with the voluntary sector.
Nottinghamshire Compact [PDF] is an agrement between the county Council and the voluntary and community sector. It describes how we will work together to improve our communities.
Support to set up and run a community group
If you are considering setting up a community group we can provide a range of advice including help writing a constitution, preparing policies and organising meetings, preparing accounts and budget setting and provide local contacts.
Financial support is also available including:
- the Councillors' Division Fund
- Grant Aid.
For more information contact us.
For more information cotact us by:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 0115 977 3415.