We've made some changes to our website. You may find some areas still in development. Read more about this work.

Requesting personal information

Under the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 you have the right to know what information the Council has about you. Requesting this information is commonly referred to as a 'subject access request'. 

Make a request 

You can make a subject access request by contacting us: 

email: accessto.records@nottscc.gov.uk 

Write to: 

Complaints and Information Team
Nottinghamshire County Council
County Hall 
West Bridgford 
NG2 7QP 

You can find sample subject access request letters on the Information Commissioners website.

What happens next?

We will then reply asking for further information about the records you wish to see and will also provide you with details we need to prove your identity. 

Once we have confirmed who you are we will try and respond to your request within 40 days of receipt of your proof of identity. 


We may charge you a fee for providing the information you request. If there is any cost involved, we will tell you about the fees involved before providing any information so you can choose whether to proceed or not.

Share this page?

Contact the Council

Find and talk with us online or contact us directly by online form, email, telephone, post or in person at one of our offices.

Facebook.com/Nottinghamshire Twitter.com/NottsCC Use our online form Visit us in person Call us on 0300 500 80 80