Request personal information

Under the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 you have the right to know what information the Council holds about you. Requesting this information is commonly referred to as a 'subject access request'. 

Make a request 

To make a request, you need to complete a subject access request form and return it to us with proof of your identity.  

You can return the form by email:

Alternatively you can write to:

Complaints and Information Team
Nottinghamshire County Council
County Hall 
West Bridgford 
NG2 7QP 

You can find sample subject access request letters on the Information Commissioners website.

What happens next?

We will acknowledge your request and may ask you to provide details of specific information you require together with relevant dates. We will also provide you with details we need to prove your identity.

Once you have confirmed who you are we will respond to your request within 40 days of receipt of your proof of identity.


We may charge you a fee for providing the information you request. If there is any cost involved, we will tell you about the fees involved before providing any information so you can choose whether to proceed or not.

Share this page?

Contact the Council

Find and talk with us online or contact us directly by online form, email, telephone, post or in person at one of our offices. Use our online form Visit us in person Call us on 0300 500 80 80