About the Local Improvement Scheme
The new Local Improvement Scheme 2018-21 will consolidate the Council's approach to investing in and supporting local communities to be more resilient by encouraging active community support, volunteering and seeking wider funding opportunities.
Consolidating the existing discretionary funds will remove duplication, ensure that targeted support for communities is provided in a single coherent strategy and deliver value for money through an outcomes focussed approach which helps to deliver the Council’s priorities to make Nottinghamshire a great place to live, work, visit and relax – which are at the heart of the Council Plan 2017 - 21.
The new strategy will:
- provide opportunities for communities to apply for capital and revenue funding
- set a maximum per year for applicants for capital funding of £50,000 and £30,000* for revenue funding with a minimum of £1,000 for each per year
- maintain a three year funding commitment for revenue funding subject to satisfactory monitoring outcomes
- maintain an annual application process for capital funding with an agreement that funding needs to be spent within 2 years of funding being awarded
- offer an annual small grants fund to maintain support to talented athletes and also provide opportunities for commemorating significant events for the communities of Nottinghamshire, globally, nationally and locally
- encourage applications from partnerships of voluntary and community organisations seeking to deliver countywide activities/projects.*
*Partnership applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The revised closing date for applications to be submitted to the Local Improvement Scheme is Wednesday 31 January 2018.
Find out more
If you have any questions we suggest in the first instance you read the full information when it becomes available on the launch day and book a place on one of the events listed above. Alternatively, you can email the Community and Voluntary Sector Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in touch with our Local Improvement Scheme subscription email newsletter
Get the latest news and updates about Local Improvement Scheme delivered direct to your inbox. Sign up to the Local Improvement Scheme email newsletter.