Council funding and spending
The money that Nottinghamshire County Council spends on its services comes from five different sources:
- general central government grant
- specific central government grant
- council tax
- business rates
- charges for our services.
Where your council tax goes
Your council tax payment to Nottinghamshire County Council pays for around 400 services, including:
- 60 libraries and three mobile libraries
- 12 household waste and recycling centres
- road and pavement repairs, including 90,000 street lights
- fostering and adoption
- children's centres
- care and support for vulnerable children and older people
- trading standards
- country parks.
For more information visit our council spending information page.
Every financial year we must publish a budget book which sets out how we plan to spend our money in the coming year across all services.
For more information, download: