Five easy steps to your civil ceremony
With so much to think about, planning a wedding can be stressful. We've put together this easy 5 step guide to plan your hassle-free day.
Step 1 – Choose Your Venue
There is a variety of options to choose from in Nottinghamshire with 6 registration offices and 68 licensed venues to suit all styles and budgets.
- choose your venue
Step 2 – Book Your Ceremony and Registrars
When booking your ceremony you must:
- contact us to book a provisional date and time (a non-refundable deposit is payable)
- read our ceremony terms and conditions
Step 3 – Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership
As part of the legal formalities, you must each give notice of intention to marry/form a civil partnership:
- if you live in Nottinghamshire, you can do this at one of our registration offices
- if you live outside of Nottinghamshire, you will need to make an appointment with your local registration office
- you can give notice up to one year in advance of your ceremony date (we recommend at least three months before)
- once you have given notice, there is a waiting period of 28 consecutive days before the ceremony can take place.
Step 4 – Plan Your Ceremony
Step 5 – Final checks
Approximately 2 months before your ceremony is the time to finalise and check all arrangements:
- have you both given your notice of intention to marry?
- have you paid any outstanding balance to us?
Why not book a ceremony rehearsal discussion to agree any personalisation e.g. personal vows, readings, music and finalise all the details?
Your final preferences for ceremony content should be decided before attending this rehearsal discussion as it may not be possible to accommodate late requests.
If attending a ceremony rehearsal discussion you should bring your completed choices sheet, which will either have been given to you at your notice appointment (if you live in Nottinghamshire) or sent to you if notice given elsewhere.