If you use an electric blanket:
- Unplug your electric blanket before you go to bed, unless it has a thermostat control for safe all-night use.
- Never use hot water bottles in the same bed as an electric blanket, even if the blanket is switched off.
For older and vulnerable people we can supply sensors that detect when a room is too cold and alert a central monitoring team. They can contact you to check on your welfare or alert an emergency contact. For more information on what is available and who can get them see our Sensors and Alarms page.
Check, Service, Repair
Basic Checks and Small Jobs
Staff from the Handy Person Adaptations Scheme provide low cost basic work such as:
- fitting draught excluders
- checking thermostats and insulation levels.
For more information see our Handy Person and Adaptations Scheme page.
Servicing and Rapid Repairs
Our Buy with Confidence scheme can provide you with local engineers who can:
- respond rapidly if your heating breaks down
- service your heating equipment to keep it running smoothly.
All engineers are qualified, insured and have a track record of delivering a quality service.
For more information see our Buy with Confidence page.