[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Energy Saving Advice

House and scarf

Insulate your Home   

Insulating you home is one of the best ways of helping to stay warm. As well as large jobs such as cavity wall insulation there is a wide range of small improvements that are cheap, effective and can help to keep you warm as well as save you money.

Energy Saving Trust

A national organisation that covers all aspects of insulating your home. www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/insulation   

Contact a Local Energy Advisor   

Local energy advisors can:

  • provide you with advice on cost efficient heating
  • assist you with switching suppliers
  • help you apply for insulation grant schemes
  • put you in touch with other local services you may not be aware of. 

To contact your local energy advisor email the contact for your district below.

Citizens Advice Bureau

Citizens Advice Bureau England provides advice on household energy concerns including switching suppliers, monitors and understanding bills and contracts website: www.adviceguide.org.uk/england.htm

Check your Energy Supplier   

There are many energy suppliers who all offer different deals. Getting the best deal can save you money and reduce the worry of large bills and feeling you can't afford to have the heating on.

For more information and advice on how to change your energy supplier visit Go Energy Shopping or the Citizens Advice Burea's Advice Guide

Watch the video about changing your energy supplier.

Video courtesy of Ofgem / Citizens Advice
EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close