[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Disruption to services

From time to time some of our services are disrupted. This may be down to severe weather, staffing issues, or health and safety concerns. We always try to keep this to an absolute minimum.


Our school closures page lists any schools reported closed by severe weather or unforeseen problems. Parents should contact their children’s school for more detailed information on a possible closure.



  • Collingham Library will close at 6pm on Friday 18 September and will be moving to 71 High Street. The new library will open on 26 September 2015 at 9.30am.

Alternative facilities

When libraries are forced to close you may be able to use one of the 60 other libraries in Nottinghamshire.

You can also renew books:

  • online (you will need to have your library card and PIN number)
  • by phone, tel: 0300 500 80 80




Between October and April, gritters are on standby 24 hours a day ready to respond to bad weather.

Trunk roads and motorways

The Council is not responsible for motorways or trunk roads (M1, A1, A46, A52 and A453). Information on closures and disruption on these roads is available from the Highways Agency:

Public Transport




If you are concerned about flooding, see our flooding advice page.

The Flood Map on the Environment Agency's website can establish how vulnerable your property may be to flooding.

Winter weather

It's a good idea to get prepared well in advance of winter, with the right clothing, food, equipment and contingency plans. View our winter weather page for links to updates, information and advice about winter weather.

The British Red Cross website contains advice on essential items to gather for home and when travelling in case you're stranded due to severe weather.

Animal Welfare

Animal welfare during severe weather - information provided by Defra

Stay up-to-date

Twitter icon

For the latest County Council service disruption information, follow us on Twitter.

If you have information you want to share with others, then you can post on our Facebook timeline.

District and City Council Disruption

Icon of a waste bin

Information on disruption to other local council services (such as leisure centres and bin collections), can be found here:

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close