From time to time some of our services are disrupted. This may be down to severe weather, staffing issues, or health and safety concerns. We always try to keep this to an absolute minimum.
Our customer service centre phone lines are currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. For emergencies only, visit our emergency contacts page.
Our school closures page lists any schools reported closed by severe weather or unforeseen problems. Parents should contact their children’s school for more detailed information on a possible closure.
Nottinghamshire Archives is currently temporarily closed to the public. During the closure you can still contact staff by email, phone or post to get some documents reproduced.
Arnold Library is temporarily closed. This is to allow the library to be refurbished and modernised. The library will re-open in summer 2015.
A mobile library will visit the car park next to the library on Saturdays from 9.30am to 3pm, from Saturday 24 January.
The nearest libraries will have extended opening hours from Monday 19 January until Arnold Library reopens – see leaflet for details [PDF].
Rattle Rhyme and Roll will take place every Tuesday from 10.30 to 11am (except Tuesday 3 February) in the Bonington Theatre at Arnold Leisure Centre.
The Reading Cafe will be every Wednesday 10 to 12pm in the bar at Arnold Leisure Centre
Arnold Work Club will move to the First floor of the Civic Centre in Arnot Hill Park. This takes place every Tuesday 1.30pm to 3.30pm
- Calverton Library will be closed on Thursday 7 May as it is being used as a polling station for the General Election.
- Southwell Library will be closed from 4pm Sunday 18 January and will re-open on Saturday 14 March. This is to enable remodelling and improvement works to the building. There will be extended opening times at Farnsfield Library. A mobile library will be available behind the Bramley Centre every Saturday. For more information see the Southwell Library page.
- Sutton-in-Ashfield Library: Lift will be out of order for on day on Thursday 30 April for essential maintenance
When libraries are forced to close you may be able to use one of the 60 other libraries in Nottinghamshire.
You can also renew books:
- online (you will need to have your library card and PIN number)
- by phone, tel: 0845 3304435