From time to time some of our services are disrupted. This may be down to severe weather, staffing issues, or health and safety concerns. We always try to keep this to an absolute minimum.
Our school closures page lists any schools reported closed by severe weather or unforeseen problems. Parents should contact their children’s school for more detailed information on a possible closure.
Arnold Library is temporarily closed. This is to allow the library to be refurbished and modernised. The library will re-open in summer 2015.
A mobile library will visit the car park next to the library on Saturdays from 9.30am to 3pm, from Saturday 24 January.
The nearest libraries will have extended opening hours from Monday 19 January.
Rattle Rhyme and Roll will take place every Tuesday from 10.30 to 11am in the Bonington Theatre at Arnold Leisure Centre.
The Reading Cafe will be every Wednesday 10 to 12pm in the bar at Arnold Leisure Centre
Arnold Work Club will move to the First floor of the Civic Centre in Arnot Hill Park. This takes place every Tuesday 1.30pm to 3.30pm
- Beeston Library is temporarily closed due to a water leak. Contractors are on the way to assess the damage.
- Calverton Library will be closed on Thursday 7 May as it is being used as a polling station for the General Election.
- Mansfield Central Library will be closed for 3 days for essential maintenance. The Library will close at 3pm on Sunday 31 May 2015 and reopen at 8.30am Thursday 4 June.
When libraries are forced to close you may be able to use one of the 60 other libraries in Nottinghamshire.
You can also renew books:
- online (you will need to have your library card and PIN number)
- by phone, tel: 0845 3304435
The main A614 road near Rufford Abbey Country Park will be closed on:
- Sunday 31 May - 7.30am to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 3 June - All day
- Sunday 14 June - 7.30am to 12.30pm
On Sunday 31 May and 14 June the closure will start at 7am at Rose Cottage at approximately 10am the closure will move so that visitors will be able to access the Mill from the south (there will be no access from Ollerton roundabout).
On Wednesday 3 June, the A614 will be closed all day from 9am and the Mill will not be accessible from the A614. The Mill Teashop and Outdoor Living shop will be closed.