Long term placements for young people
We need foster carers who able to make a commitment to provide long term placements (ie into adulthood) for young people aged 11 and over.
We are looking for individuals who have significant experience of working with or caring for other people's children, preferably teenagers, in a professional capacity or as an experienced foster carer. One carer will need to be home-based and able to provide the young person with a bedroom of their own and be able to transport a young person.
In return you will receive:
£200 per week, plus regular weekly fostering allowances
Full pre- and post-approval training programme.
As a foster carer for Nottinghamshire County Council you will also have access to:
- Out of hours telephone support line
- Out of hours emergency duty team
- Large family transport allowances (where eligibility criteria is met)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services and a dedicated specialist family support worker for therapeutic support/intervention
- A Virtual School Co-ordinator/Corporate Parenting Consultant for advice, involvement and direction in respect of a child’s educational attainments and achievements
- A Youth Services Co-ordinator to enable the development of leisure, sports and arts opportunities for looked after children
- Looked After Health Services, including drug use, teenage pregnancy, sexual health, alcohol/solvent abuse, diet and fitness
- Carer involvement in local foster carer support groups, in quarterly foster carer liaison and advisory meetings and in the foster carers’ own magazine
- Family Workers who work with child and carer to promote improved family relationships and prevent placement breakdown
- Placement support meetings.
11plus carers, whilst approved to foster by Nottinghamshire County Council, are not employed by the council.
Effectively your status would be self-employed: consequently you will be responsible to making your own arrangements in terms of income tax and National Insurance contributions. Certain tax exemptions apply.