[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Social care if you have a sensory impairment

Deaf blind icons vertical

There is a wide range of support available for people with a sensory impairment. This includes people who are:

  • Deaf / deafened / have a hearing impairment
  • Blind / visually impaired
  • dual sensory impaired / Deaf Blind

If you know what information, advice or support you are looking for, you may be able to find the help you need from our Nottinghamshire Help Yourself website. 

Our arranging your own support page provides details of hundreds of organisations that provide information, activities and practical help with daily living.

The Nottinghamshire Deaf Society provides a wide range of support for people who are Deaf / deafened including interpretation services, community activities and welfare rights advice.

The Nottinghamshire Royal Society for the Blind provides a wide range of support for people who are blind / have a visual impairment including talking newspapers, social groups and a support centre.

There is also support available from other National Organisations

Support from Nottinghamshire County Council

NCC logo

We provide a range of support for people who have a sensory impairment and are eligible for care and support. For many services you will need a Care and Support Assessment. View our Care and Support Assessment factsheet [PDF] for more information.

The Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment Service (ADVIS) provides specialist support for people who have a sensory impairment.

Use the links below to find out more information. 

Other useful support from us

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close