The card is available to anyone who lives in Nottinghamshire (excluding Nottingham City) and meets one of the following criteria:
- you are registered as blind with Nottinghamshire County Council or another local authority
- you have a Blue Badge parking permit
- you receive Disability Living Allowance (either care or mobility component)
- you recieve the Personal Independence Payment (either daily living or mobility component)
- you receive Attendance Allowance or Industrial Injury Constant Attendance Allowance
- you have a long-term indwelling catheter or stoma.
Please note: people with a temporary disability (such as a broken leg) are not entitled to a card.
The cards are free and valid for 6 years.
There is also space on the card for you to write an emergency contact number.
Apply for a card
To get a card you need to complete an application form and return it to us with:
- the requested evidence that you are disabled
- a passport-style colour photograph - signed on the back.
To get an application form you can:
To successfully apply for a card you must provide evidence that you meet one of the following conditions:
You are registered as blind or partially sighted
- If registered with Nottinghamshire County Council no evidence is required.
- If registered with a local authority other than Nottinghamshire, please enclose a copy of your registration.
You hold a Blue Badge parking permit
- Copy of official letter confirming award of badge.
You receive Disability Living Allowance (care and/or mobility component) OR Attendance Allowance OR Industrial Injury Constant Attendance Allowance
- Copy of an official letter confirming your allowance.
You have a stoma or a long-term indwelling catheter
- Confirmation letter from your GP, consultant, continence advisor/specialist nurse or stoma nurse. There may be a charge for this letter.