[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Disabled Person's Registration Card

The Disabled Person's Registration Card is a quick and easy way of proving you:

  • have a significant disability
  • needs to use facilities provided for disabled people.
Disabled persons registration card example artwork

The card is available to anyone who lives in Nottinghamshire (excluding Nottingham City) and meets one of the following criteria:

  • you are registered as blind with Nottinghamshire County Council or another local authority
  • you have a Blue Badge parking permit
  • you receive Disability Living Allowance (either care or mobility component)
  • you recieve the Personal Independence Payment (either daily living or mobility component)
  • you receive Attendance Allowance or Industrial Injury Constant Attendance Allowance
  • you have a long-term indwelling catheter or stoma.

Please note: people with a temporary disability (such as a broken leg) are not entitled to a card.

The cards are free and valid for 6 years.

There is also space on the card for you to write an emergency contact number.

Apply for a card

To get a card you need to complete an application form and return it to us with:

  • the requested evidence that you are disabled
  • a passport-style colour photograph - signed on the back.

To get an application form you can:

Acceptable evidence that you are disabled

To successfully apply for a card you must provide evidence that you meet one of the following conditions:

You are registered as blind or partially sighted

Evidence needed:

  • If registered with Nottinghamshire County Council no evidence is required.
  • If registered with a local authority other than Nottinghamshire, please enclose a copy of your registration.

You hold a Blue Badge parking permit

Evidence needed:

  • Copy of official letter confirming award of badge.

You receive Disability Living Allowance (care and/or mobility component) OR Attendance Allowance OR Industrial Injury Constant Attendance Allowance

Evidence needed:

  • Copy of an official letter confirming your allowance.

You have a stoma or a long-term indwelling catheter

Evidence needed:

  • Confirmation letter from your GP, consultant, continence advisor/specialist nurse or stoma nurse. There may be a charge for this letter.


EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close