Crisis Prevention Scheme
The crisis prevention scheme enables the person you care for to be looked after in their home if you have an unforeseen or emergency situation, for example admission to hospital or death of a relative.
In an emergency or crisis situation you should contact us:
Emergency Card for Carers
The emergency card for carers gives you peace of mind that the person you care for will be looked after in the event of an emergency.
What is an emergency card for carers?
It is a small card which identifies you as a carer in the event of an emergency. It gives an emergency telephone number that anyone can call. Staff answering the call will take any action you have already agreed with us. This could be we:
- contact your family/friends to let them know there is a problem
- visit the person you care for and arrange emergency help if needed.
The card does not give any personal information.
Why do I need an emergency card?
In the event of an emergency you will have:
- emergency cover 24 hours a day
- peace of mind that if you are away from the person you care for they will be looked after.
Who can apply for a card?
You can apply for an emergency card if you are:
- a carer
- the cared for person lives in Nottinghamshire (excluding Nottingham City) and is 18 years of age or older.
Is there a charge?
There is no charge for an emergency card.
How can I get a card?
Contact us at the Customer Service Centre and we will send you one and answer any questions you may have.