The team supports adults with Asperger’ Syndrome living in Nottinghamshire. We also support their families and carers. We are a team of social care professionals.
What do we do?
- Give advice about getting a diagnosis.
- Community Care assessments.
- Support planning with you, to make the best use of your personal budget.
We can also help you to:
- Find informal, local or national, self-help groups for people with Asperger’s Syndrome and their families and carers.
- Link up with groups which offer opportunities to develop your skills or provide leisure activities.
What we don't do:
- We can’t diagnose.
- We can’t be your clinical co-ordinator, if you have health-care needs, or need emergency clinical help.
- We cannot access further education and employment opportunities for you directly.
- We do not have any clinical members in the team, such as a psychiatrist, psychologist, occupational therapist or speech therapist. If you need any input from these professionals you need to access them via your GP.
Who can get help from us?
You can get help from us if you:
- Have been diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome or autism but you do not have an associated learning disability and you have the relevant professional reports.
- You are aged 18 years or older
For national information about Autism and Asperger's syndrome visit www.nas.org.uk
For details about the work of a local Nottinghamshire based autism provider which can give further information about autism spectrum conditions visit www.norsaca.org.uk