[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Latest Welfare Rights news

Current claimants of DLA in Bassetlaw

User AvatarPosted by Charlotte Robertson at 23/02/2015 12:17:37

From today if you live in Bassetlaw, currently claim Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and report a change in your circumstances, you will be assessed for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) instead of DLA. This will not apply if you were 65 or over on 8 April 2013. If this is the case you can continue to receive DLA if you're eligible.

Continued roll out of Universal Credit in Bassetlaw

Posted by Charlotte Robertson at 23/02/2015 12:06:37

From today, those living in Bassetlaw who are single, have no mortgage, no children, who are looking for work and are looking to claim a benefit are now expected to claim Universal Credit.

Universal Credit is a single payment that is replacing certain benefits, including Housing Benefit, for people aged 18 to 60 + 6 months and who meet the above criteria.

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close