[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Latest Welfare Rights news

Disability Living Allowance Higher Mobility Component

User AvatarPosted by Polly Tyler at 17/07/2012 13:38:41
If you have a severe visual impairment you can now receive the Higher Mobility component of Disability Living Allowance. To qualify your visual acuity must be less than 3/60 or less than 6/60 and you have a complete loss of peripheral vision and severely restricted central vision of no more than 10 degrees. You need to contact the Disability Benefits Centre on 08457 123 456 to ask for an increase of your award or phone 0800 88 22 00 to order an application form for a new claim. Please see our Disability Living Allowance pages for more information about DLA including our factsheets on form filling for adults and children with sight impairments.
EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close