All Supporting People services must work to the Joint Quality Assessment Framework.
They must meet at least level C in all 6 objectives:
- Assessment and Support planning
- Security, Health and Safety
- Safeguarding and protection from abuse
- Fair access, diversity and inclusion
- Client involvement and empowerment
- Management of Service Provision.
Each service must submit a self-assessment every April.
Services will be visited once every three years to check these self-assessments. The visits will involve:
- a review of policies, procedures and other paperwork including support plans
- interviews with managers and staff
- interviews with service users or feedback via questionnaires.
Any service that does not meet the minimum level will be supported to develop an action plan to improve in specific areas. Further action will be taken if the service still does not reach the required level.
An easy read version of the Quality Assessment Framework is available.