[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Care homes

Considering a care home?

There is a wide range of support available to help you live at home and avoid going into residential care. See our support to live at home page for more information. Extra care housing can be a good alternative to going into a care home. Contact us and tell us about the support you need. A social care worker will talk to you about what is available.

Telephone: 0300 500 80 80   Email: enquiries@nottscc.gov.uk

If home-based support is not suitable to meet your needs we may consider funding a placement in residential or nursing care.

If you are considering funding your own placement in residential or nursing care please contact us first as we will offer advice and information to help you. If you do not contact us and run out of money to fund your placement we may not be able to offer you any financial help.

If you are assessed as eligible to have your needs met in a residential or nursing care we can organise this for you or you can have a direct payment [PDF]. 

Help question mark icon

Choosing a care home

What to think about when choosing a care home.

The Dementia Quality Mark shows those homes that offer specialist support for residents with dementia.

Pound icon

Paying for your care

Advice on Paying for a care home link - Advice on making the most of your money.

Useful fact sheets

Direct payments in residential care – an introduction

Living in a care home – direct payments

Red flag icon

Compliments,  Concerns, Complaints

How to get your views known, both good and bad.

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close