[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Social care publications list

You can either browse through the list of publications or use the search options to find what you are interested in.

  • Information packs - we produce information packs for people in certain situations. Use the 'Category' search to see what is in each pack.
  • Welfare benefits - if you are looking for welfare benefits information see our benefits directory. 

Click on the title of the publication for more information including links to either download or order a copy.

Reablement: welcome packReablement welcome packWelcome to our reablement service, which is provided by our Short Term Assessment and Reablement Team (START).
ADVIS Hearing impairment reablement - Plain English versionProblems hearing things around your home? We specialise in equipment and advice for people with hearing loss.
ADVIS Social Care SupportIf your sensory impairment is your primary reason for support, you may be able to access a social care assessment by a specialist social worker from the Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment Services...
ADVIS Social Care Support - Plain English versionAdult Deaf and Visual Impairment Service (ADVIS) - Social Care Support. Plain English version 
ADVIS Visual Impairment ReablementThis factsheet is about practical support to help you stay more independent at home when you are having difficulties, due to sight loss.
Could you offer work to someone with learning disabilities?We are looking for organisations in Nottinghamshire who can offer full / part time paid work for adults with learning disabilities and Asperger’s.Our i-work team works with employers and people...
County Enterprise FoodsDescribes the Meals at Home service from County Enterprise Foods.
Disabled Facilities GrantFactsheet that explains: what the Disabled Facilities Grant is how to apply.
Emergency Duty ServiceA leaflet explaining what the Emergency Duty Service deals with, when it operates and contact details.
Personal assistantsThis guide gives you important information that you need to know about, before employing a Personal Assistant.
Equipment and adaptations (Flo: prompts and advice by text)Our service – called “Florence” or “Flo” provides support and advice for you to manage your social care needs.  It is an easy to use service designed by...
Getting help from Nottinghamshire County Council Easy ReadNottinghamshire County Council works with people with learning disabilities. Here is information about the help you can getfrom us.
Getting in touch with the County Council Easy ReadGetting in touch with the County Council Easy Read.
Handy Persons Adaptation ServiceThe Handy Person Adaptation Service (HPAS) provides help with: essential minor adaptations small practical jobs HPAS aims to help you live safely and independently at home. All jobs must...
Have Your SayFactsheet explaining how to make a complaint about adult social care services.

Do you have problems reading our publications?

If you have problems reading our publications we may be able to help. We can translate our documents into other languages and also produce them in other formats (for example braille, audio, large print).
If you need a publication in another language or format contact us and tell us about your needs.

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close