If you are a referrer, undertake safeguarding enquiries or are responsible for delivering safeguarding training in your organisation, you may be interested in these learning and development tools:
You can use this document:
- for staff, to provide clear, relevant and proportionate learning and development opportunities
- for management and senior staff: to measure competencies and identify gaps in knowledge/ training
- to provide assurance to your organisation and commissioners of your service that your staff have attained relevant competencies.
Please also note the “Sources of possible learning and development opportunities” column of the document, where you can identify and add your own individual agency’s learning and development opportunities.
Referrer Training dates 2017
Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board has set up a programme of Referrer Training dates, aimed at those nominated referrers responsible for making safeguarding adults referrals in your organisation.
The learning objectives for these events are to:
- Explore your responsibilities as a referrer when a concern is raised with you or you have become aware that abuse or neglect of an adult at risk has occurred, or is suspected
- Explore potential decisions which may result from the work you undertake as nominated referrer
- Understand consent, information sharing, capacity and person centred approaches in relation to adult safeguarding referrals
- Demonstrate the responsibilities and key components in making an effective adult safeguarding referral.
Certificates of attendance will be provided after the event.
The dates, venues and links for registration/ tickets are as below:
9:30am – 12:30pm
Afternoon session1:30pm – 4:30pm
|Wednesday 6 September 2017||Book online||Book online||The Newstead Centre, Newstead Village|
|Thursday 5 October 2017||Book online||Book online||Richard Herrod Centre, Carlton|
|Thursday 9 November 2017||Book online||Book online||The Towers, Mansfield|
|Thursday 7 December 2017||Book online||Book online||Rufford Mill, Ollerton|
|Wednesday 10 January 2018||Book online||Book online||The Newstead Centre, Newstead Village|
|Wednesday 7 February 2018||Book online||Book online||The Towers, Mansfield|
|Wednesday 7 March 2018||Book online||Book online||Rufford Mill, Ollerton|
Covering a range of learning styles, using a mixture of presentation and interactive exercises, we aim to equip you with the tools, knowledge, and confidence you need to make effective referral decisions on safeguarding adults concerns that are brought to your attention. There will be opportunities to network with colleagues, and have discussions on the topics presented.
This event is only open to those responsible for making adult safeguarding referrals within your organisation.
We request that no more than 2 members of the same organisation attend per session.
Numbers are limited, and if oversubscribed we may have to add you to a waiting list.
Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board reserves the right to cancel any booking it feels does not meet the registration criteria. In this event, we will contact you to explain our decision.
*Please note, this course will only cover the multi-agency procedures for Nottinghamshire County, not Nottingham City*
Click the above links to sign up, or contact the NSAB Strategic Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We held our inaugural Trainers’ Forum in September 2016, and will continue to develop the forum throughout 2017. This forum is open to people responsible for delivering Safeguarding Adults training within their organisation.
Future subjects may include:
- changes and updates to legislation affecting Safeguarding Guidance, including Care Act updates
- providing learning from Safeguarding Adults Reviews
- a chance to share Best Practice and network with colleagues from other Care Providers and organisations
- discussions around any safeguarding issues you may have experienced.
If you would like to be included on the email list for invites to this event, and you are the person responsible for delivering Safeguarding Adults training within your organisation, then please email email@example.com.