Joining up social care and health services
We are working more closely with our health partners to deliver the right type of care based on people’s needs. By joining social care and health services, and planning together, we can help to keep people independent, provide care closer to home and deliver better outcomes for local people.
Some examples of the way we are joining our social care and health services in Nottinghamshire are:
- social workers, health staff and voluntary staff working together in one team to support people with the most complex needs.
- working with health colleagues to review and improve:
- the ways we support people to leave hospital when they are medically fit
- end of life care
- work to reduce the likelihood and impact of falls
- support to keep people living independently at home for longer
- sharing social care data with GPs to help them make decisions about care and support.
Within Nottinghamshire, there are three planning areas for joining social care and health services:
You can find out more about the overall strategy for joining health and social care services here on the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Sustainability and Transformation Programme Notts website.