Keeping warm in winter
Cold homes can have a significant impact on your health. One of the best ways of keeping yourself well during winter is to stay warm.
Approximately 400 vulnerable people die in Nottinghamshire a year due to winter weather and its impact on their health.
Our top tips for keeping warm:
- avoid going out in bad weather. If you must go out, wrap up in plenty of layers.
- try to be active during the day
- get heating, radiators and boilers serviced
- use a room thermometer. Your living room should be between 18-21C
- have at least one warm meal each day and drink warm drinks.
Download our Top Tips leaflet [PDF] for more help on keeping warm.