Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
The Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) provides a picture of the current and future health and wellbeing needs of the local population. Nottinghamshire's JSNA has now moved to its new home on Nottinghamshire Insight.
Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment
The aim of the Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) is to enable understanding of the pharmaceutical needs of our local population and where necessary use this information to develop pharmaceutical services to meet any identified unmet needs. The PNA is used to inform the commissioning process in respect to pharmaceutical needs in Nottinghamshire.
Current Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment 2015-2018
The current PNA, 2015-2018 can be found on Nottinghamshire Insight.
Consultation on draft Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment 2018-2021
The local PNA is a document that outlines services and ensures that pharmaceutical services across Nottinghamshire both meet the needs of the population and that they are in the correct locations to support the residents of Nottinghamshire.
Pharmaceutical services are provided by Community Pharmacies, Dispensing GP Practices and Dispensing Appliance Contractors.
Nottinghamshire Health and Wellbeing Board has a legal duty under Section 8 of The National Health Service (Pharmaceutical and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013 to consult with named organisations as well as the residents of Nottinghamshire on the findings and recommendations for pharmacy services provision.
The PNA is important because it will be used as the basis for informing decisions when applications for new pharmacies are received and for commissioning of new services within community pharmacies.
This consultation will run for 60 days from 13 November 2017 to 12 January 2018.
We have a legal duty to consult with a range of relevant local clinical groups, including local pharmacies and other partners inside and outside the NHS. Interested members of the public are also welcome to comment.
All consultation findings and comments will be summarised to produce the final local PNA document.
We really value your views and would greatly appreciate it if you could spend some time to complete this consultation.
The Draft PNA is available (a paper copy can be provided on request).
Navigating the Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment 2018-2021
The PNA is a large document consisting of 8 sections:
- Section 1 is a brief Executive Summary
- Section 2 introduces the PNA, describes the processes we followed and includes a description of pharmaceutical services
- Section 3 covers the different types of pharmacy services provided across the County
- Section 4 details pharmacy services provided within each District of Nottinghamshire
- Section 5 is a demographic profile of the County, setting out the social and environmental context and providing population projections.
- Section 6 looks at the health needs of each district in turn and the current pharmaceutical service provision
- Section 7 outlines gaps in services and recommendations subject to this consultation
- Section 8 provides a glossary of terms used in the report
- Appendices have been added for additional detailed information.
A full copy of the PNA Regulations are available.
View the PNA development guidance [PDF].
Have your say
The consultation will run until 12 January 2018.
If you need a paper copy or need help completing the survey, please contact Julia Thornborough:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 0115 9773154.
Nottinghamshire County Health and Wellbeing Board would like to thank you for taking the time to give your responses.
Nottingham City Health and Wellbeing Board is also refreshing its Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment.
The formal consultation on both draft PNAs will run concurrently. Nottingham City PNA consultation can be accessed on the Nottingham City Council website.