As a foster carer you will receive ongoing support including:
- financial allowances to cover everyday expenditure and activities
- ongoing training
- an assigned supervising social worker who will visit you on a regular basis
- local support groups where you can talk to other foster carers about your experience
- celebration events to thank your own children and young people for everything they do
- access to family workers who will support foster children to improve their family relationships
- a Youth Service Co-ordinator to encourage developing of leisure, sport and arts
- out of hours telephone support line and emergency duty team
- online training through Nottinghamshire Fostering Home, (by invitation only) a password protected virtual learning environment
- a regular newsletter with updates and information about fostering
- free membership to the Fostering Network
- access to Fosterline.
If you would like to find out more about our fostering support groups, send your name, address and telephone number to Clare McDonald, Chair of Nottinghamshire Fostering and Liaison Advisory Group (FLAG):
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Fostering in Nottinghamshire sign up to get regular email updates.