As a foster carer you will receive ongoing support including:
- financial allowances to cover everyday expenditure and activities
- ongoing training
- an assigned supervising social worker who will visit you on a regular basis
- local support groups where you can talk to other foster carers about your experience
- celebration events to thank your own children and young people for everything they do
- access to family workers who will support foster children to their improve family relationships
- a Youth Service Co-ordinator to encourage developing of leisure, sport and arts
- out of hours telephone support line and emergency duty team
- online training through Nottinghamshire Fostering Home, (by invitation only) a password protected virtual learning environment
- a regular newsletter with updates and information about fostering
- free membership to the Fostering Network
- access to Fosterline.
If you would like to find out more about our fostering support groups, send your name, address and telephone number to email@example.com.
For more information on Fostering in Nottinghamshire sign up to get regular email updates.