Steps to fostering
Fostering provides a safe, caring family life for children who cannot live with their own parents.
To foster a child or young person there are a number of steps you need to go through.
For more information on Fostering in Nottinghamshire sign up to get regular email updates.
- Step one: Initial enquiry
- Step two: Home visit
- Step three: Registration of interest
- Step four: Pre-approval training
- Step five: Fostering panel
- Step six: Matching
- Step seven: Ongoing development
Step six: Matching
Once you've been approved you will be contacted by your supervising social worker to discuss any suitable matches for you and your family.