Steps to fostering
Fostering provides a safe, caring family life for children who cannot live with their own parents.
To foster a child or young person there are a number of steps you need to go through.
For more information on Fostering in Nottinghamshire sign up to get regular email updates.
- Step one: Initial enquiry
- Step two: Home visit
- Step three: Registration of interest
- Step four: Pre-approval training
- Step five: Fostering panel
- Step six: Matching
- Step seven: Ongoing development
Step seven: Ongoing development
Following your approval, you will receive support and ongoing learning and development opportunities. This is an important part of becoming an experienced foster carer to enhance your skills.