Steps to fostering
Fostering provides a safe, caring family life for children who cannot live with their own parents.
To foster a child or young person there are a number of steps you need to go through.
For more information on Fostering in Nottinghamshire sign up to get regular email updates.
- Step one: Initial enquiry
- Step two: Home visit
- Step three: Registration of interest
- Step four: Pre-approval training
- Step five: Fostering panel
- Step six: Matching
- Step seven: Ongoing development
Step four: Pre-approval training
You will be expected to attend our pre-approval training course which usually takes place over two Saturdays and two evenings.
This will give you an opportunity to discover and discuss more about the challenges and rewards to prepare you for fostering.