Steps to fostering
Fostering provides a safe, caring family life for children who cannot live with their own parents.
To foster a child or young person there are a number of steps you need to go through.
For more information on Fostering in Nottinghamshire sign up to get regular email updates.
- Step one: Initial enquiry
- Step two: Home visit
- Step three: Registration of interest
- Step four: Pre-approval training
- Step five: Fostering panel
- Step six: Matching
- Step seven: Ongoing development
Step five: Fostering panel
The next stage in the fostering process is for the panel to review and consider your application and assessment report to decide whether you can be approved to foster.
The fostering panel has an independent chair and is made up of:
- health and education representatives
- a foster carer from another council
- a social worker.
The panel will advise a senior manager in Nottinghamshire County Council, called the Agency Decision Maker, of their recommendations who will then write to confirm if you have been approved. Upon a successful decision, you will receive a certificate and welcome pack.