Interested in fostering?
Fostering is caring for a child or young person in your own home when they are unable to stay with their own families.
Foster carers come from all backgrounds and we're looking for people just like you. What's really important is that you'd like to give a child a safe and loving home.
Have a look at our I want to foster page to learn about the steps to becoming a foster carer. You can also sign up to receive monthly emails about fostering with us, including real life stories from foster carers and looked after children.
Find out more about fostering
Please complete our short online form to ask us anything about fostering a child, to express your interest in fostering or request a copy of our information pack.
By completing this form there is no obligation to go any further. It’s entirely up to you and if you decide you want to take the next step, then we will be here for you.
Please read the information below before completing the form.Enquire now
Could you foster?
Foster carers can be:
- single, married, divorced or living together
- in a same sex relationship
- from any ethnic or religious background
- a homeowner or living in rented accommodation
- employed or on benefits
- already a parent
- living with disabilities.
Most people can be considered as foster carers, but there are some requirements:
- you have a spare room
- you live in or very near to Nottinghamshire
- you are aged over 21
- you have some experience of caring for or working with children or young people
- if you are a couple then you must be living together for more than two years
- your own children must be over the age of one
- you are not pregnant, undergoing, or have recently undergone fertility treatment
- you have no convictions for offences against children. Any other criminal history you have may affect your ability to foster.
Already fostering with another organisation?
You can join our many carers that have transferred to us from another fostering agency. Find out more in our Fostering for us - transferring from an IFP leaflet [PDF].
What will happen next
This form will take five minutes to complete. Once you have submitted it we will review the information and contact you.
There is no obligation to go any further unless you feel ready.Enquire now
Alternative ways to do this
The online form is the quickest way to reach us, otherwise you can call 0300 500 80 80 or email email@example.com.