Title: Talking Matters
Course reference: TSM
Course tutor: Speech and language therapists
Target group: Foundation stage: all teachers and any other staff working with children in the early years.
About this course
Practitioners will have:
- learnt why it is so important to get language and communication right early
- learnt what to expect by certain ages and to raise expectations for children’s language and achievement
- knowledge of a systematic and consistent approach to the language advice and strategies we are all sharing with parents
- visualised how the jigsaw of support for children language development all fits together
- developed personal plans to take away and have knowledge of where to access further training and support about speech, language and communication.
The following costs will apply to this training course:
- NCC EY provider: £30
- City EY provider: £30
- City school: £60
- NCC school: £60
- Non-Nottinghamshire Provider: £50
Courses are payable by credit or debit card at the time of booking, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite – invoices will not be sent for these courses.
How to book
14 February 2018
9.30am to 12.30pm
Ashfield Health Village
25 April 2018
9.30am to 12.30pm
Sherwood West CC
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your managers approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place:
- if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours
- if a course is full then telephone 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need any information then contact our business support team by:
- telephone: 0115 977 2510
- email: email@example.com