Safer settings - reflecting on practice
Course title: Safer settings - reflecting on practice
Course tutors: Early years specialist teachers
Target group: This course is for leaders and managers with supervisory responsibilities, safeguarding designated persons in Early Years practitioners in private, voluntary and independent early years settings and experienced child-minders.
About this course
The aim of the training is to:
- strengthen safeguarding practice and build confidence of Designated Persons for Safeguarding, through reflection and peer support
- to consider and share practice on the implementation of current and relevant safeguarding policy and practices.
- to consider how reflective practice can be used when considering threshold levels in accordance with the Pathway to Provision document
- to increase participant’s confidence and understanding of the benefits and impact reflective practice contributes to Early Years and Childcare settings
- to strengthen the Designated Person including Childminders role in supporting setting staff to reflect upon what they observe, information shared and the actions required to ensure children are kept safe and families are supported.
These sessions will build on the initial Safer Setting Network sessions and provide an opportunity for continued development for previous delegates.
The following costs will apply to this training course:
- NCC EY provider: £30
- City EY provider: £30
- City school: £60
- NCC school: £60
- External PVI provider: £50
Courses are payable by credit or debit card at the time of booking, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite – invoices will not be sent for these courses.
|Date||Time||Venue||How to book|
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your managers approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place:
- if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours
- if a course is full then telephone 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need any information then contact our business support team by:
- Phone: 0115 977 2510
- Email: email@example.com