Safeguarding Children for the Designated Person – Refresher
Course title: Safeguarding Children for the Designated Person – Refresher
Course ref: SDP
Course level: All levels
Target group: Early Years practitioners with Designated Person responsibility who have already completed Safeguarding Children for the Designated Person training
Aims of this course
To review the role and update knowledge on the current requirements of the designated person for safeguarding in a childcare setting and to consider the challenges of the role.
- review the current Ofsted guidance in the role of the designated person
- update knowledge of current local and national guidance on safeguarding and early intervention
- to consider the challenges of the role and how to ensure effective safeguarding practices in a childcare setting
- consider current key area of concern for children’s welfare, including in particular how to recognise and respond to concerns about radicalisation, FGM, Fabricated Illness and Child Sexual Exploitation
- review the guidance and procedures for dealing with allegations against staff
How to book
|26 April||9 to 12:30||The Richard Herrod Centre
|Book a place|
|18 May||9 to 12:30||Edwinstowe House Centre for Business Excellence
|Book a place|
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your managers approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account over 5 working days prior to the event you will be charged a £50.00 non-attendance fee.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place:
- if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours
- if a course is full then telephone 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need any information then contact our business support team:
- telephone: 0115 977 2351
- email: email@example.com
- post: Business Support Team, Workforce and Organisational Development, Environment and Resources, Nottinghamshire County Council, County Hall, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7QP.