Leading on Language: Enhanced level training in Speech, Language and Communication (SLC)
Title: Leading on Language - Enhanced level training in Speech, Language and Communication (SLC)
Course reference: 11CLL
Course tutor: Speech and language therapists
Target group: This course is for Early Years Practitioners who either:
- Are working towards language lead accreditation or
- Want to further their skills, knowledge and understanding of SLC
Essential prerequisites for training: Prior attendance at Talking Matters, Let’s Interact and Communication for All training. To avoid disappointment please do not apply unless you have completed these courses first.
About this course
This course has been developed by Early Years Specialist Speech and Language Therapists and Teachers to support Early Years Practitioners wishing to extend their skills and knowledge in SLC.
The course covers 3 main areas of learning:
- Practitioners will have the opportunity to explore in more detail different strategies available to support children with SLC needs at universal, target and specialist levels.
- The important link between SLC and behaviour, social and emotional difficulties will be considered. Ideas to support your practice in this area will be covered.
- How to lead change. This course seeks to support practitioners wishing to become language leads. Consideration is given to how to motivate team members to change and how to lead practice forward in relation to supporting SLC in a setting.
All aspects of the course support Nottinghamshire’s Language Lead Accreditation and the level 3 award in Supporting Children and Young People’s SLC.
The following costs will apply to this training course:
- NCC EY provider: £30
- City EY provider: £30
- City school: £60
- NCC school: £60
- Non-Nottinghamshire Provider: £50
Courses are payable by credit or debit card at the time of booking, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite – invoices will not be sent for these courses.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- A deeper understanding of the impact of SLC on children’s learning and development
- The opportunity to consider in more detail support and strategies for children with SLC needs
- An understanding of how to lead this agenda forward in their setting
- Access to some of the essential knowledge for the level 3 award in Supporting Children and Young People’s SLC
How to book
14 March 2018
9.30am to 4.30pm
Book online using Eventbrite
Please note that places are very limited on this training event and we can only consider applicants who have already attended the prerequisite training detailed above.
PLEASE BRING A PACKED LUNCH
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your managers approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place:
- if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours
- if a course is full then telephone 0115 977 9510 to change the booking.
If you need any information then contact our business support team by:
- telephone: 0115 977 9510
- email: email@example.com.