Introduction to Safeguarding
Course title: Introduction to Safeguarding
Course ref: IS
Course level: Introductory
Target group: PVI Settings, childminders and out of school providers
About this course
- to enable those who work with children and young people to develop awareness and understanding of safeguarding children and child protection
- to be able to recognise and respond appropriately to safeguarding and relate these to their roles and responsibilities within their own organisation.
Expected learning outcomes
By the end of this course practitioners should be able to:
- Identify what is meant by safeguarding, child protection and child abuse.
- Identify the relevant legislation and guidance that provides the framework for safeguarding children and young people.
- Name the categories of child abuse and neglect and recognise the signs and indicators of each.
- Recognise ow their own beliefs, experience and attitudes might influence professional involvement in safeguarding work.
- Respond to concerns about the safety and welfare of a child or young person using safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures within the setting or organisation in which they work.
Delegates are requested to bring along to the course copies of the Pathway to Provision and EYFS .
The following costs will apply to this training course:
- NCC EY provider: £30
- City EY provider: £30
- City school: £60
- NCC school: £60
- Non-Nottinghamshire Provider: £50
Courses are payable by credit or debit card at the time of booking, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite – invoices will not be sent for these courses.
|Date||Time||Venue||How to book|
4 June 2018
9.30am to 1.30pm
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your managers approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place, please amend your booking on EventBrite. If a course is full, you can put your name on the event waiting list.
If you need any information then contact our business support team by:
- Phone: 0115 977 2510
- Email: email@example.com.