Historical child abuse
Read our frequently asked questions [PDF] about how the Council is responding to issues around historical child abuse.
Find out more
- if you have a current concern about the wellbeing of a child call Nottinghamshire Police on 101, or go through our multi-agency safeguarding hub (MASH)
- if you or someone you know is a victim or a survivor of abuse there are support services that can help [PDF].
Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse
On 27 November 2015 the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) announced that 'Children in the Care of Nottinghamshire Councils' would be one of the Inquiry's first 13 investigations into the extent to which institutions have failed to protect children from sexual abuse.
The public hearing has now been scheduled to begin on 1 October 2018 for up to three weeks. The hearing will be split into two parts with a break of one week in the week commencing 15 October 2018.
The County Council is committed to fully supporting the principles and aims of the Inquiry and will continue to cooperate fully.
Visit the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse website for more information.
Find out more about the Inquiry's policy on the redaction of documents [PDF].
Victims and survivors engagement with the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse
There is a dedicated victims and survivors section on the Inquiry’s website.
The inquiry holds periodic forum events for victims and survivors and publishes the notes from these meetings:
The Inquiry's Truth Project is an opportunity for victims and survivors to share experiences and views in a safe and confidential setting.
Strategic Management Group (Operation Equinox):
- progress update (December 2017/January 2018) [PDF]
- quarterly progress update (January 2016) [PDF]
- progress update (June 2016) [PDF]
- progress update (December 2016) [PDF]
- progress update (June/July 2017) [PDF].