This is a lump sum payment to cover the cost of a funeral and other expenses
Who can apply
This benefit is aimed at the bereaved. To claim you must be the closest relative, partner or friend of the person who has died and be in receipt of:
- Pension Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Child Tax Credit which is more than the Family Element
- Working Tax Credit which includes the Disability or Severe Disability element.
How to apply
- Visit GOV.UK to download an application form
- Phone 0845 603 6967 to request an application form.
Visit the GOV.UK funeral payment pages.