< Back to: Welfare benefits

Armed Forces Compensation Scheme

This scheme replaces the War Pensions scheme for those who have suffered an injury, illness or death cause by service on or after 06.04.2005.

Who can apply

This benefit is aimed at the

  • Long-term ill
  • Disabled
  • Bereaved. 

All members of HM Armed Forces are covered by this scheme if disablement or death occurs due to incidents which were the direct consequence of your duties in the Armed Forces.

You can claim for a pre-existing condition that is significantly aggravated by service.

Generally your injury, illness, death or disablement must occur while you are on duty. 

How to apply 

Order a claim for by calling 0808 1914 218 or by writing to Service Personnel and Veteran Agency, Norcross, Thornton-Cleveleys, FY5 3WP

Further information

Visit the GOV.UK Pensions for veterans pages or the Veterans UK pages


Contact the Council

Find and talk with us online or contact us directly by online form, email, telephone, post or in person at one of our offices.

Use our online form Visit us in person Call us on 0300 500 80 80