We've made some changes to our website. You may find some areas still in development. Read more about this work.

Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment

If you have a sensory impairment and live in Nottinghamshire there is a range of support available to you. This includes people who are:

  • deaf/ deafened/ have a hearing impairment
  • blind/ visually impaired
  • dual sensory impaired/ deaf blind.

How to get support?

If you think you need social care support, start by looking at our Nottinghamshire Help Yourself website. Here you will find information and advice for adults with a sensory impairment.

You can also get support from:

If you think you need care and support from us visit our care and support in Nottinghamshire page for more information. You will need to have a care and support assessment to find out if you are eligible for care and what type of support we can provide.

Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment Service

The Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment Service (ADVIS) provides specialist support to people with a sensory impairment. ADVIS has specialist workers who understand the difficulties caused by sensory impairment and can sign language. 

We will:

  • provide information and advice about your situation
  • help you communicate when dealing with organisations and official paperwork
  • help with everyday living tasks
  • provide specialist equipment to make everyday living easier
  • help you complete a care and support assessment. 

Find out more

For more information contact us by:

Share this page?

Contact the Council

Find and talk with us online or contact us directly by online form, email, telephone, post or in person at one of our offices.

Facebook.com/Nottinghamshire Twitter.com/NottsCC Use our online form Visit us in person Call us on 0300 500 80 80