Crisis prevention scheme
The crisis prevention scheme provides care at home for the person you look after when you can’t due to an unforeseen emergency situation like:
- going into hospital
- funeral of a relative or friend
- family emergency or illness
- risk to your job due to an emergency.
Care and support will be provided until alternative arrangements can be made or you return to your caring duties.
To access the crisis prevention scheme call you area line:
- Ashfield: 0333 999 7628
- Bassetlaw: 01909 768196
- Broxtowe: 0115 8964005
- Gedling: 0115 920 4948
- Mansfield: 0333 999 7628
- Newark and Sherwood: 01636 858675
- Rushcliffe: 0115 920 4948
If you are unsure of which area relates to your location please call 0300 500 80 80.
Emergency card for carers
What is an emergency card for carers?
An emergency card for carers identifies you as a carer in the event of an emergency. The card does not give any personal information but instead provides a phone number anyone can call.
Staff answering the phone will take any action you have agreed with us like:
- contact family/friends to let them know there is an emergency
- visit the person you care for and arrange emergency help.
Why do I need an emergency card?
In the event of an emergency you will have:
- emergency cover 24 hours a day
- peace of mind that in the event of an emergency the person you care for will be looked after.
Who can apply for a card?
You can apply for an emergency card if you are:
- a carer
- a cared for person living in Nottinghamshire (excluding Nottingham City) and over 18-years-old.
How do I apply for a card?
Or call our Customer Service Centre on 0300 500 80 80.
They can guide you through the process, send you a card and can answer any questions you have.