I am adopted
A range of support and advice is available to adopted children under 18 and adults over 18.
Children under 18
Support available to children under 18 includes:
- Meeting other adopted children and young people at our young people's events
- Talking to the Support After Adoption team about being adopted.
Adults over 18
Adults over the age of 18 can:
- Access adoption records
- Receive birth records counselling
- Get advice tracing birth relatives
- Request intermediary services to meet birth family members.
For further support read our adopted adults information leaflet [PDF].
You can talk to the Support After Adoption team about any issues, worries or concerns you may have about being adopted, for instance if you:
- Are worried about upsetting your adoptive parents
- Were adopted from overseas
- Are a black person adopted into a white family
Tel: 01623 437 988
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm