Support for adoptive parents
If you are an adoptive parent there are various services available to support you throughout the adoption process.
You can get help with:
- adoption issues
- welfare rights
- health (including mental health and disabilities)
- therapeutic parenting and therapeutic services for young people.
For more information download the Support Services for Adoptive Families leaflet [PDF] or visit:
Support to adoptive families:
- support After Adoption team social workers offering therapeutic parenting advice, life story work, identity work and a range of other support
- family workers to provide parenting support and Theraplay
- access to an adoption support assessment and links to other services that can help, including applications to the Adoption Support Fund for therapeutic help
- on-going support through an Adoption Support Plan involving Support After Adoption, education, CANHS health and other professionals
- a mentoring scheme to support older children and families
- Adoption UK also provides information and advice.
Tel: 0115 804 1125
Monday - Thursday: 8.30am - 5.00pm
Friday: 8.30am - 4.30pm