Support after adoption
Our services are available to people who live in Nottinghamshire and for families who have adopted a Nottinghamshire child for three years after the adoption order. We offer support, advice, information and counselling to people who:
- are the parents of adopted children
- have been adopted
- are the birth relatives of children
- whose family have adopted and are experiencing difficulties.
Support available to Nottinghamshire placed children:
- Access to your adoption records for 100 years
- Letterbox contact scheme and support for face-to-face contact.
Other sources of support
Support is also available through a variety of resources and information including:
- Issues of our annual newsletter - view the summer 2015 newsletter [PDF]
- Membership of our mailing list
- Adoption Home Adopter's Virtual Learning Platform.
The following organisations also provide support:
- Adoption Support Services Adviser (ASSA): 01623 437988
- The Fostering and Adoption Advice Line offers specialist parenting advice (out of hours) on 0800 085 8995.
- For social care emergencies call 0300 456 4546.
- First for Adoption
If you have previously contacted the Support After Adoption team, please share your views on the service.