Adopt a child
Adoption is where you become the legal parent of a child or children. If you are at least 21 years old and can provide a permanent, stable and caring home, your application or enquiry will be welcomed.
If you are interested in becoming an adoptive parent or want to talk to someone about the process then please fill in the online enquiry form.
To request or download an information pack, please complete our online form.
There are no hard and fast rules about who can adopt. You can be:
- single, married, divorced, or living together
- in a same sex relationship
- from any ethnic or religious background
- a homeowner or living in rented accommodation
- employed or on benefits
- already a parent
- living with disabilities
To adopt you must be:
- over 21
- have been a legal resident in the UK for at least 12 months
- not have any criminal convictions or caution for offences against children or for serious offences
What you are going to do:
You will use our online form to make an enquiry about adopting a child or express your interest in finding out more about adoption.
This is a short form which should only take a few minutes for you to complete. Once you have completed the form we will review the information and contact you.
Alternative ways to do this:
If you can't access the online form you can contact the adoption team by:
- email: email@example.com
- Tel: 0845 301 2288.