About Trading Standards
Our Trading Standards team is responsible for:
- protecting consumers against rogue traders and traders who have acted unfairly
- supporting legitimate businesses to help them trade well and act quickly to tackle issues compromising consumer safety
- playing an important role in managing the health and welfare of the county's livestock.
We work in partnership with National Trading Standards, which was set up in 2012 by the Government as part of changes to consumer protection.
National Trading Standards' role is to provide leadership, influence, support and resources to local Trading Standards services. It brings together Trading Standards representatives from England and Wales to prioritise, fund and co-ordinate national and regional enforcement cases.
We enforce a wide range of legislation, focusing our attention on the issues causing the most problems to our communities.
View our key policies:
Latest Trading Standards news
- Arrests following seizures of New Psychoactive Substances from Nottinghamshire based manufacturing unit 3 September 2015
- Gedling brothers jailed for their role in Notts’ illicit tobacco trade 25 August 2015
- Lorry driver fined for breaching road weight limit in Huthwaite 21 August 2015
- Stapleford shop manager admits selling 'potentially lethal' counterfeit cigarettes 19 August 2015
- Council’s Trading Standards team investigating pet passport fraud 18 August 2015