About Trading Standards
Our Trading Standards team is responsible for:
- protecting consumers against rogue traders and traders who have acted unfairly
- supporting legitimate businesses to help them trade well and act quickly to tackle issues compromising consumer safety
- playing an important role in managing the health and welfare of the county's livestock.
We work in partnership with National Trading Standards, which was set up in 2012 by the Government as part of changes to consumer protection.
National Trading Standards' role is to provide leadership, influence, support and resources to local Trading Standards services. It brings together Trading Standards representatives from England and Wales to prioritise, fund and co-ordinate national and regional enforcement cases.
We enforce a wide range of legislation, focusing our attention on the issues causing the most problems to our communities.
View our key policies:
Latest Trading Standards news
- Cautious welcome for industry action to tackle nuisance telephone calls 15 February 2016
- Concern over overheating batteries leaving people with burns 08 February 2016
- War against illicit tobacco: Man jailed and alcohol licence revoked 01 February 2016
- Be on guard for bogus callers claiming to be from 'the council' 28 January 2016
- Latest concerns over faulty hoverboards in Notts 20 January 2016