Digital Enhancement Programme
What is the digital enhancement programme?
The Digital Enhancement Programme (DEP) is a six month programme, funded by Nottinghamshire County Council, and delivered by Mansfield based Dijitul Enterprise to give six Nottinghamshire based businesses the opportunity to increase their web presence.
An online presence is a vital requirement within many businesses, although some do not have the resources to implement this or have little knowledge about the digital world.
The programme will provide each company with a bespoke digital strategy and a trainee to deliver the digital improvements.
The programme is open to all businesses who can:
- Provide a work placement for a trainee aged 16+ for up to three days per week
- Have the potential to grow their business through an enhanced online presence.
Each trainee will receive a training programme tailored to the specific needs of each business, supported by intense digital training via a series of workshops and one-to-one support in the workplace. They will be paid a training bursary during the project, and will receive a full induction and preparatory training.
The benefits of the programme include:
- A more visible presence in the marketplace
- A more user-friendly website
- A digital strategy to meet the needs and potential of each business
- An additional member of staff for up to six months to carry out the digital enhancements
- An opportunity to grow and expand the business
- Increased customer numbers and sales
- Improved flexibility and diversification
- An opportunity to create a longer term job or apprenticeship.
Each business participating in the event will:
- Provide an employer contribution of up to £500 over the six month placement – a small investment for a fantastic potential return
- Host the trainee placement for the duration of the programme
- Work with Dijitul Enterprise to look at the potential to create an apprenticeship position after the programme to continue to develop the business.