Our procurement process
- Advertising contracts
- Selecting a contract
- Contract award
- Contract management and monitoring
We usually select contractors by advertising contracts. We invite businesses to either submit tenders or to express an interest in tendering for contracts.
All our contract opportunities are advertised on:
- Source Nottinghamshire website for suppliers who wish to view both our low-level and larger contracts.
- Contracts Finder for contract opportunities over £10,000.
If a contract is likely to be more than £25,000 it must go to tender. This is required by our financial regulations.
All contracts above the relevant European Union (EU) threshold must be advertised in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU). The threshold is:
- £164,176 or more for supplies and services (excluding social care)
- £589,148 or more for social care services
- £4.1m or more for works.
These contracts can be viewed on the Tenders Electronic Daily (Ted) Publication website.
Find out more information about European Union Public Purchasing Directives and how these affect tendering opportunities.
Download classification of geographical areas and user organisations [PDF] referred to in OJEU Notices.