[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Skips on public roads and skip permits

If you want to place a skip on a road or a street the company that supplies it should apply for a skip permit on your behalf. Skips on your own private land do not require a permit.

Highways South Area Office issue skip permits for Gedling and Rushcliffe areas. Highways North Area Office issue skip permits for Bassetlaw and Newark areas. District councils issue skip permits for the rest of the county.


tel: Highways North Area Office: 01623 520021
Highways South Area Office: 0115 977 3666
web: More information on County Council skip permits.


Select your district


EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close