Making the county’s roads safer for everyone whether they’re walking, cycling or driving is a top priority for the County Council.
Latest figures show that the number of people killed and seriously injured on the county’s roads is falling every year and we are on track to meet the Government’s casualty reduction targets for 2010 to achieve a:
- 40% reduction in all killed and seriously injured (KSI) casualties
- 50% reduction in child KSI casualties
- 10% reduction in slight casualties
Our road safety work focuses on:
- Increasing awareness of how to stay safe on our roads
- Cycle and pedestrian training for schoolchildren
- Making it easier and safer for children to walk and cycle to school
- Working with the school and the local community on School Travel Plans
- Providing school crossing patrols
tel: 0300 500 80 80
web: More information about road safety can be found on our traffic and travel pages.
School crossing patrols
Safer routes to School
School travel plans