[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Registration of births, marriages, civil partnerships and deaths

Births and deaths

All births and deaths, including stillbirths, must be registered within a set period of time. Contact your local register office for advice.

Marriages and civil partnerships

If you'd like to hold your civil marriage or civil partnership ceremony in a register office or other approved venue, or if you wish to marry in a non-conformist church, you will need to contact your local Superintendent Registrar to give formal notice of your intentions.


If you would like a replacement certificate please contact your local Superintendent Registrar for advice.

You can find your local register office online.


For more information contact us
web: More information about registrations

See also

Register offices

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close